How much do viewers cost?
- Absolutely nothing! Just register, search and download.
- Our H264 viewers are high quality 1:1 proxies of deliverables — roughly 1/2 quality of the masters — and will look good in your offline cut.
Can I use your materials for free?
- No. All materials must be licensed for use.
How much does Periscope Film charge for licensing?
- Rates vary depending on your use and the term you need. To obtain a quote send us an email and we’ll respond promptly.
- We charge by the second or fraction thereof.
- We are very competitively priced compared to standard industry rates.
How long does it take to get my clean footage?
- Normal delivery is within 24 hours of the point we receive payment in full and a signed contract, not including weekends or holidays.
- Expedited service is available.
How do you deliver clean footage?
- We normally deliver via FTP download.
What is the format of your masters?
- Our masters are delivered in 1080×1920 24p HD in ProRes HQ format, or 2k or 4k if requested.**
- This is True HD with a Film Frame rate of 23.98. One frame of film for every frame of video. No pull down frames (fake frames) to get your show rejected for technical issues. (For those of you cutting in 1080i 59.94/29.97 projects, your editing system will handle adding the correct extra frames.)
Is your footage just up-rezed SD video?
- No!! We rescan films from film to True HD.
**99.5% of our Quicktime digital files are backed by real film that is available in re-scaned True HD. However as films age, some them deteriorate to such a point that they can longer be re-transferred or the the SD version blown up is simply a better looking option. In these rare instances, where we feel a previous SD version is better quality than the HD version, we will send both and let you choose the best looking option.